The site http://travel.state.gov has information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. The site includes links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements and should plan travel well in advance.
The Association for Computing Machinery does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend ACM sponsored conferences. We can however issue visa support letters. For Visa support letters, please send all requests to the Office of SIG Services (at firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Registration confirmation number
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the "sole author" or a "co-author"
Please note that visa support letters are issued via email by PDF and the original is mailed to your current postal address.
It can take up to 7 BUSINESS days to receive a visa support letter. If you have not received one in that time frame, please send an email to email@example.com and our registration chair will help to forward the request.